I started with a basic set of goals:
- It must be reliable. My old CD changer never crashed on me. If the player doesn't work reliably, there's
no point in having it.
- It must boot in a reasonable amount of time. My CD changer didn't take all day, this thing shouldn't either.
- It must be able provide CD quality sound.
- There must be a simple way to control it. I could operate my CD changer without too much trouble.
This setup should also be easy to use.
- It must be able to hold my entire CD collection. In addition it must also have enough storage capacity
to store all of my out-of-print and hard to find CDs in a lossless (or uncompressed) format.
That way if one of these CDs gets lost, scratched or stolen, it can be brought back without generation loss.
- There must be a straight-forward way to add new tracks/CDs.
- It must have Disc/Title/Track naming capabilities.
- It must be able to play any MP3's that I choose to download.
Last Update: 11-14-2006
Copyright © 2001-2017, Brent Harris
All rights reserved.