Desperately need help finding an audio driver

Started by Bob, March 02, 2006, 01:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Im looking for a DOS sound driver and have spent days googling around without any joy and pulling my hair out. Thought maybe someone here might have one sitting on a dusty floppy somewhere.
Chip on the board is a CS4299-JQ.
(Cirrus Logic Crystal)
Its for an HP e-vectra mini pc.
Its a very cool small system and perfect for a portable jukebox or car jukebox or both.
Ive got DOS 7.10 installed fine and everything works except sound so obviously mpxplay plays but without sound, arghhhh.
I tried all the drivers (which wernt many) in the DOS 7.10 install process but none of them work.
Surely it is soundblaster pro compatiable or something?
Ive come to a dead end, and have serious insomnia as i dont give up easily, lol.

admin

I dug around a bit, but I couldn't find any DOS driver for that card, either.  The only thing I can suggest is to try running MPXPlay with the -sct command switch, and hope that it is able to recognise the card.

If that fails you could try asking MPXPlay's author to add CS4299 support to MPXPlay.  The chances aren't good, though, unless he owns a motherboard (or soundcard) that has this particular chip.  Doesn't hurt to ask, though.

Luca

I guess that if you have a spare ISA or PCI slot, getting a new sound card will be the easier solution
Luca

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
write the first three numbers in 7sfar8wsx9132:
write the numbers seen in 8asA6DD7azmzme6:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview