OBD Scan software for Multiplex interface

Started by Anonymous, May 19, 2005, 03:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I am looking at purchasing some OBD Scan software. I have been using a freeware application that does not meet my needs, and I am researching what options exist.

I have an OBD hardware interface I would like to continue to use. The device is the T16-006 from Multiplex Engineering.  

Do you have any applications that will work with that hardware?

Thanks in advance...
mailto:brian@simplecomtools.com">brian@simplecomtools.com

admin

No, RealScan was written to communicate with OBD-II interfaces that use the ELM chip.  The Multiplex Engineering devices use a different chip, so the commands would be somewhat different.

RealScan is pretty basic.  It reads codes, and it clears them.  Nothing fancy, but it does what I need it to do.

easyfix

HI, I HAVE BOUGHT ELM 323 INTERFACE, BUT MY LAPTOP DOESNT HAVE COM PORT, SO I HAVE BOUGHT USB SERIAL CABLE - USB A TYPE MALE/DB9 MALE. BUT ONCE LOAD THE SCANTOOL SOFTWARE IT ASKS FOR COM PORT AND IT DOESNT RECOGNISE THE USB PORT, SO CAN YOU TELL ME HV U GOT THE SOFTWARE WHICH WILL RECOGNISE THE USB TO COM PORT CABLE..

admin

My program is a DOS program.  It needs a COM port (either COM1 or COM2) in order to run.  I don't know if it's compatible with the ELM323 (I'm using the ELM322).  I've never tried running it in Windows, so no promises there either.

If you're using Windows, check the device manager under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", and make sure the USB/Serial converter is listed.  Also check under "Ports" to see which COM port number (if any) is being assigned to it.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
write the first three numbers in 7sfar8wsx9132:
write the numbers seen in SDFa323yyqp9:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview