This page is the home for MpXT. MpXT is based on the MPXF source code, which was released to the public on Dec 25, 2000.
25th December 2000 - [12am]
During the last 2 years, several people have emailed me asking me about source code, and sample source code for LCD output. Well... HERE is the MPXF Source code. Since I have stopped working on the project, I feel its best to let everyone play around with the source code. I hope you all can make your own minor tweaks to it, and perhaps fix any bugs that I never got around to doing. Maybe you all can get together and port it to C++ or something. I hope you can follow the code, I know some of it is a bit complex, and I didn't do the best job in places on documenting. Hope you all enjoy it! Also, please don't email me regarding questions in the source, because I probably won't reply since I don't have time. Hope you all have a happy and safe holiday season!
Also, if you want to know what I'm working on now, its an Open Source Web-based Groupware system.
While MPXF hasn't been updated in a number of years, MPXPlay has continued on, adding various features along the way. Soon after development on MPXF stopped, MPXPlay's user interface got a major facelift. As a result, MPXF is incompatible with MPXPlay 1.43 and later. MPXF users had two choices: keep using MPXF with the old 1.42 version of MPXPlay, or abandon MPXF altogether. MpXT is being developed as a derivative work, in an effort to bring the old MPXF source up to date.
New in V1.49 Beta 1:
- Better ID3 info handling in the TSR
- Major overhaul of the TSR's spectrum analyzer functions
- Plain text on custom lines, in the TSR, is no longer converted to upper case
- New custom line functions in the TSR
- The frontend now adds all MPXPlay-supported audio files to the database and playlists, not just MP3s
- OGG and APE tag reading in the frontend
- Genre filtering, in the frontend, is working again
- Fixed a couple of misc display quirks
New in V1.49 Beta 2:
- Fixed the "Runtime Error 202" bug (stack overflow) in the TSR
- FLAC tag reading in the frontend
- Better looking spectrum analyzer in the frontend
- The mpxt.cfg configuration file has been updated to reflect some changes in MPXPlay
Last Update: 12-30-2006
Copyright © 2001-2021, Brent Harris
All rights reserved.