This page is the home for my real mode OBD-II software. It was developed for the following reasons:
- ScanTool.net's software won't run on my oddball Thinkpad 720 laptop.
- I need scancode reading software that's capable of displaying troublecodes on my Car-PC's LCD character display.
This software was not written to compete with ScanTool.net's software. Their software has more features and a fancier interface. This software, on the other hand, only reads/clears scancodes, but should run fine on a 286.
- 8088 processor or later (tested on Athlon XP 1600+, 486SLC-50)
- MSDOS 3.0 or later (tested on DOS 6.22, DOS 7.1)
- 256K memory
- Elm 320/322/323 based OBD-II scantool (tested on an Elm322 V1.1 interface)
- Mono/CGA/EGA/VGA or SVGA display
-OR- Matrix Orbital 2041 20X4 serial LCD connected to COM1 or COM2
- AT or PS/2 Keyboard
-OR- Gravis GamePad Pro connected to the PC Gameport (in GrIP mode)
-OR- Standard PC Joystick/Gamepad connected to the PC Gameport
Last Update: 12-30-2006
Copyright © 2001-2021, Brent Harris
All rights reserved.